Wok-fried Chicken in Soy Honey Ginger and Sesame
- 4 dried shitake mushrooms
- 1 packet Lilydale stir fry chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup of honey
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons thick dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 bunch spring onions cut in to batons
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 bunch green asparagus, peeled & blanched
- Jasmine rice to serve four
- ) Soak shitake mushrooms in water for at least three hours prior to cooking, retaining 2 tsp of water for cooking. Discard the stems and cut the caps into 1cm pieces.
- ) Toss stir fry strips and corn flour into a plastic bag, seal and shake well until chicken is nicely coated. Heat olive oil in a hot wok until hot.
- ) Cook chicken in three batches, stir-frying each for one minute or until browned. Remove and set aside.
- ) Add mushrooms to the wok with the honey, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, ginger, garlic, five-spice and sesame oil. Bring to boil and cook for one minute.
- ) Add reserved mushroom water and bring to boil. Add the chicken and onions and cook until heated through.
- ) Meanwhile, add the asparagus to a saucepan of boiling water, cook for 1 minute or until tender, then drain.
- ) Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds. Serve asparagus with the chicken and rice.
Recipe by Luke Mangan For Lilydale Select Free Range Chicken The Luke Mangan Lilydale Free Range Dining Rub range will be available from March 9 in selected Coles, Thomas Dux, Harris Farm Market and David Jones Food Halls throughout New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, and the ACT.