- ½ cup wholemeal plain flour
- ½ cup white plain flour
- 45g butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Approximately ⅓ cup grated tasty cheese
Pastry: Lightly grease 12 shallow patty pans. Sift flours into medium bowl, rub in butter. Stir in rind, egg yolk and enough juice to mix to a firm dough. Turn pastry onto lightly floured surface, knead lightly until smooth, cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll pastry out thinly, cut out 12 x 8cm rounds, press into prepared pans, trim edges
- Cover each case with greaseproof paper, fill with dried beans or rice. ba«e in moderately hot oven for 5 minutes. Remove beans and paper, bake further 5 minutes or until golden brown, cool. Place 1 level tablespoon of filling into each case, sprinkle with tasty cheese. Bake in moderately hot oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese has melted
Mushroom Filling: Melt butter in medium saucepan, add shallots and mushrooms, stir over low heat for about 5 minutes (or microwave on HIGH for about 4 minutes) or until liquid has evaporated. Stir in flour, stir over medium heat for 1 minute (or microwave on HIGH for 1 minute). Remove from heat, gradually stir in milk, stir over high heat (or microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes) until mixture boils and thickens; cool. Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Makes 12.
- Total time: 2 hours