Vietnamese Rice Vermicelli Salad
A recipe for a fresh, healthy Vietnamese salad filled with vegetables, rice vermicelli and prawns. This authentic Vietnamese recipe makes a perfect light lunch in the hot weather! Try this vietnamese vermicelli salad recipe. src : https://asianinspirations.com.au/recipe/vietnamese-rice-vermicelli-salad/
- 200g Wai Wai Rice Vermicelli
- 400 tsp Prawns, shelled, deveined and tail removed
- 1 tp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Squid Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp Water
- 2 Celery sticks, trim off tail, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into fine strips
- ½ cup Mint
- 1 cup Basil Leaves
- 2 cups Bean Sprouts
- ¼ cup Toasted peanuts for garnish (optional)
- Soak rice vermicelli in hot water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Saute prawns in a pan with oil. Cool slightly, slice in half lengthways and set aside.
- Dissolve brown sugar in lime juice over low heat. Remove from heat; add fish sauce and water and cool.
- Add prawns, celery, capsicum, mint, basil and bean sprouts to the lime juice mixture. Place rice vermicelli on plate and top with salad mixture.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve.
- Your Vietnamese rice vermicelli salad dish is ready!