- Divide pastry into two and roll out thinly to fit two scone trays. Mark into 5 cm squares.
- Bake in a hot oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix custard powder and sugar in a saucepan.
- Gradually add milk and stir over gentle heat until boiling,
- Simmer 2 minutes, stirring briskly.
- Add egg yolk to custard mixture and beat well.
- Cool to lukewarm and fold in stiffly beaten egg white.
- Line a 23 cm square cake tin with aluminium foil, bringing foil up over sides. Put one piece of pastry into base of tin.
- Spread custard cream on top of pastry in tin
- Cut remaining pastry on top and press together firmly.
- When cool spread evenly with passionfruit icing.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight until set.