Tuna and Rice Slice
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water until it is tender.Drain well and rinse under hot running water.
- Mix the rice, 1 egg, finely chopped onion and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Mix well.
- Press over base and sides of a well greased 18 cm x 28 cm lamington tin.
- Drain tuna and reserve liquid.
- Press flaked tuna over rice, pressing down firmly.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a pan. Add flour and stir for one minute.
- Remove the pan from heat. Add milk and reserved tuna liquid and stir until combined.
- Return to heat and stir until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Add mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Add a beaten egg, grated cheese, parsley and lemon juice. Stir until mixed.
- Pour sauce over tuna.
- Bake uncovered in a moderate oven for 10 minutes or until top is firm.