Thai Red Curry
This recipe uses more common ingredients but the traditional ones are included in brackets. You can use store bought paste if desired.
thai red curry paste
- ½ dried chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 hot red chillies, chopped
- 2cm piece of ginger (or galangal) peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, chopped
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
- ¼ chopped coriander (or roots)
- 2 teaspoon fish oil (or shrimp paste)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Process or grind the paste ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the paste on medium to low heat until fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken and cook until all white. Add the veges and cook for another two minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except basil.
- Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir in basil leaves and serve with jasmine rice.