- 2-4 fillets of fish such as trevalla, swordfish or mahi mahi (firm flesh).
- 1 square of banana leaf for each fillet or foil
Marinade / Sauce
- Place all sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and process well. Or chop ingredients up finely and stir together. Place fish fillets in a bowl and pour over half the marinade, making sure it coats all of the fish. Keep the rest for the sauce.
- Refrigerate the fish for 15 minutes or so.
- When fish is done marinading, spread a banana leaf approximately 1 foot square on a working surface or use tin foil. Place one fillet in the centre.
- Fold both sides of the wrap over the fish, then fold both ends to create a square parcel. Turn it seam-side down to keep sides from opening or tie with kitchen string or lemon grass. Do the same for the other fillets.
- Place packets on a tray) and bake for 15 minutes. at 180 C.
- After 15 minutes check to see if the thickest part of fish is cooked (not transparent).
- Over low heat, warm up the reserved sauce.
- To serve the fish, scoop jasmine rice onto the side of the fish (right on the banana leaf, if using). Spoon some curry sauce over the fish, then add a sprinkling of basil and/or coriander leaves.