- 1kg fresh, washed and topped strawberries
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1kg sugar or 500g of CSR smart sugar.
- Add all ingredients to a large pot
- Heat till just boiling, reduce heat to a simmer for about 20 mins.
- Remove scum from the top (It's the white bubbles) 4. Place a saucer in the fridge or freezer to cool.
- To test that the jam is ready, place a small teaspoon of your jam onto the cooled saucer. wait for 30 seconds. Tip the saucer on its side, if the jam runs its not ready, if it just runs you're ready to bottle it up.