- Peel and chop onion and carrot. Slice celery finely.
- Chop bacon. Crush garlic.
- Heat oil in a large shallow pan, add vegetables and bacon and saute gently until onion is brown.
- Add minced steak and stir well until the meat is browned.
- Add tomato paste, oregano, beef cubes, water, sauce and chutney. Season.
- Mix well and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes or until nearly all the liquid is evaporated.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well and rinse under hot water.
- Pile spaghetti on serving plates and spoon sauce over.
- Sprinkle with cheese.