- 1 cup sourdough starter
- ½ cup warm tap water
- 2½ cups Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Small amount of semolina (optional)
- Mix the starter and water together and make sure the starter breaks up.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of flour onto the mix and combine. Leave covered for an hour.
- Mix and knead in the rest of the flour. Knead until smooth.
- Leave covered for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the salt and then knead until you cannot feel the salt any more.
- Rest, covered until the dough doubles in size.
- Roll and press out to make your crust. I roll using semolina as the flour to stop it sticking, this gives a crunchier crust. You can use a tin or make it ready to go on a pizza stone. Let sit for an hour or so until ready to add your toppings.
- Add toppings and bake at 180C until cooked.