Slow cookers are a great addition to your kitchen appliances, having a myriad of uses. They can help to save time and money. Slow cookers are also energy efficient and can turn tough cuts of meat into tender goodness.
So many uses
- It can be used as a food warmer, keeping one part of a meal warn while you prepare the rest.
- Make stock from leftover bones or vegetables. (Even roast chicken bones)
- Desserts, cakes, breakfast, bread and much more can be cooked in a slow cooker
- You can steam food in it if you can lift the food above the water / liquid
- When the weather is cold you can use it to rise dough.
- With a slow cooker you can prepare your meal in the morning, turn on the slow cooker and come home to a cooked meal in the evening.
- Most meals are prepared in the one pot there is less washing up.
- No need to stir the food, just set and forget.
- Slow cookers are very energy efficient
- The cheaper, tougher cuts of meat are able to be used.
Here are some recipe ideas to try in a slow cooker: