Slow cookers are a great addition to your kitchen appliances, having a myriad of uses. They can help to save time and money. Slow cookers are also energy efficient and can turn tough cuts of meat into tender goodness.
So many uses
Apart from producing tasty and nutritious stews and soups in winter there are many other ways to utilise your slow cooker.
- It can be used as a food warmer, keeping one part of a meal warn while you prepare the rest.
- Make stock from leftover bones or vegetables. (Even roast chicken bones)
- Desserts, cakes, breakfast, bread and much more can be cooked in a slow cooker
- You can steam food in it if you can lift the food above the water / liquid
- When the weather is cold you can use it to rise dough.
- With a slow cooker you can prepare your meal in the morning, turn on the slow cooker and come home to a cooked meal in the evening.
- Most meals are prepared in the one pot there is less washing up.
- No need to stir the food, just set and forget.
- Slow cookers are very energy efficient
- The cheaper, tougher cuts of meat are able to be used.
Here are some recipe ideas to try in a slow cooker: