- Dust the steak with seasoned flour (I do this in a freezer bag).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the steak. Put it in a slow cooker.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan with any drippings from the steak and fry the onion until clear. Stir in the flour and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the water and stock and stir until it boils and thickens a bit.
- Mix in the paste, sauce and vegemite.
- Pour over meat in slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5.
- Nice served with mashed potato and veg.