- 220gr can of salmon
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbls chopped parsley
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- oil for deep frying
To make the white sauce:
- Melt the butter on low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the flour until its smooth.
- Cook for a further 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in milk.
- Return to heat and stir until it boils and thickens. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Season.
- Drain the salmon, remove bones and break apart.
- Peel and grate or very finely chop the onion.
- Add salmon, onion, curry, parsley and lemon to the sauce.
- Refrigerate until the mix goes firm.
- Mould into croquette shapes, 2.5cm thick, 5cm long.
- Beat the egg and milk lightly.
- Dip each one in egg and then press breadcrumbs on. Refrigerate until firm.
- Fry in deep hot oil until golden then drain on paper towel.