Roasted Lamb with Herbs
Roasted lamb is especially popular amongst Italians at Easter time. This particular recipe originates from Southern Italy and is best made with fresh herbs.
- Remove any excess fat from the lamb.
- Rub with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Cut small slits all over, just under the skin of the meat, and insert a little of the fresh herbs into some of the slits and garlic pieces into the others.
- If you're using dried herbs just sprinkle them all over the top of the meat!
- Use the rest of the herbs to sprinkle over the top of the lamb. Let this stand for 1½ to 2 hours before you begin cooking it.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Place the lamb into a shallow baking pan and coat with 2 - 3 tbsp of olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 35 minutes. Then, temporarily remove from the oven so you can pour the white wine over the lamb.
- Roast the lamb for 15 more minutes or until the meat is cooked through and tender. Remove from heat. Let sit for a few minutes before slicing it up to serve.
- This dish is excellent served with almost any type of vegetable side.
- Taste the italian cuisine!
- Find out more on www.italyrecipies.com