- Weigh the meat to calculate the cooking time. Allow 40 minutes for each 500gr and 30 minutes extra.
- Score the rind at close intervals and rub the rind well with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place fat side up on a baking dish (with or without a rack).
- Cook in a hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to slow and cook for the calculated time.
- Pork is usually self basting providing the fat stays on top. Baste if necessary.
- Cook vegetables with the pork for the last 45 minutes.
- Drain the meat and veges and make gravy with the pan drippings.