- Peel eggplant and cut into 2½ cm cubes.
- Remove seeds from peppers. Cut into 2½ cm cubes,
- Slice zucchini into rounds.
- Peel and chop onion.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan.
- Add onions, crushed garlic and thyme.
- Cook until onions are transparent. Remove from pan.
- Saute each of the vegetables separately in pan in remaining oil. Add to onion.
- Chop tomatoes roughly and add to the vegetables.
- Put all vegetables in a large pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heal and simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.