- Preheat oven to 200 celsius. Grease a 18 x 28cm slab pan and line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the flour, caster sugar and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and process until the mixture just forms a ball.
- Press mixture evenly over the base of the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or till just starting to brown. Take out of the oven and set aside. Lower the temperature to 170 celcius.
- To make the topping, place the coconut, eggs and caster sugar in a medium bowl. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Use a hot knife to spread jam evenly over warm slice base. Spoon coconut mixture over jam and use the back of a spoon to gently press all over. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until top is golden and base is cooked through. Remove from oven and stand for 15 minutes. Use the baking paper to lift slice out of pan. Cut into squares.