- Peel pumpkin and cut into cubes. Cut carrots into slices.
- Put pumpkin and carrots in saucepan with stock and bring to boil Simmer covered for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Peel onion and chop finely. Skin and seed tomatoes, chop and add to onion. Add 2 tblspns of stock from carrots and pumpkin and bring to boil. Turn heat down and cook gently for approx.
- minutes until tomato is quite mushy.
- Put carrots, pumpkin and stock through blender. Return this to clean pan and stir through tomato and onion and juices. Add pepper to taste, yoghurt if desired and basil.
- Stand covered for 5 minutes before serving.