- Do the following in a 20cm cake pan.
- Melt Butter in Pan
- Spread brown sugar evenly over the butter
- Arrange pineapple slices and the cherries in a desired pattern on the butter / sugar.
- Beat eggs until for about five minutes
- Continue beating and gradually add in sugar, then juice and vanilla.
- Add sifted flour and salt to the mixture.
- Pour over the topping in the cake tin
- Bake in oven (moderate 180C) for 45 minutes to an hour
- Turn pan upside down on a plate and cool for 10 - 15 minutes