- Wash oxtails and cut into pieces.
- Toss in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan and brown meat well. Remove from the pan.
- Peel and thinly slice onions and carrots.
- Fry onions and carrots in pan for 5 minutes.
- Add water, stock cubes, a few sprigs of parsley and bayleaf.
- Bring to the boil, stirring.
- Return meat to pan, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 to 3 hours or until tender.
- Allow to cool and skim off the fat.
- Remove bayleaf.
- Reheat and serve with hot vegetables.