Moroccan Goat Curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 500 grams cubed goat meat
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g can tomatoes, chopped
- 50 g dates, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Place the olive oil in a large saucepan or wok and put it over a moderate-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion to the pan and cook for 1 minute until transparent.
- Place all the spice mixture ingredients in a bowl and mix together until combined.
- Toss the goat in the spices so that it is well coated. Add the spiced goat and garlic to the pan and brown the goat on all sides.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, dates, chilli and enough water to just cover the goat. Bring to the boil then reduce to a slow simmer. Leave the goat to cook for 1–1½ hours or until the meat is tender, stirring regularly.
- Serve with rice, cous cous or roasted veges.