- 4 green ends of spring onion chopped (save some for garnish)
- ¼ teaspoon of hing (asafoetida powder)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of rice flour
- Lactose free milk to make up 300ml with tuna liquid
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 large can of tuna in springwater or brine (liquid saved)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley plus garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown rice and veges to serve
- Melt butter in a medium pan and lightly fry the spring onion and hing.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the flour, then return to low heat for a few minutes.
- Remove pan from heat again and gradually stir in the milk and tuna juice mixed, then return to the heat and stir until it becomes a white sauce by boiling and thickening.
- Add the cheese and stir until its melted.
- Add drained and flaked tuna, parsley, lemon juice and paprika. Stir until well combined and heated through. Season to taste.
- This can be served as is with rice or / and veges.