- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- ¼ teaspoon asafoetida powder (hing)
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 chicken marylands
- Combine yoghurt, asafoetida, ginger, lemon juice, oil, spices and ½ teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Cut 2 slits in the thigh of each chicken piece, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Add chicken to yoghurt mixture and turn to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease a large baking dish.
- Place chicken in dish and roast for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with rice or roast vegetables.