- 90 g butter
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- Beat butter and sugar to a cream.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Sift flours and salt together.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture to form a stiff paste.
- Turn on to a lightly floured board and knead lightly until smooth. Chill 30 minutes.
- Turn on to a lightly floured sheet of greaseproof paper, put another sheet of greaseproof paper on top, and roll pastry out to 3 mm thickness.
- Cut out with a 6 cm cutter and fit into lightly greased patty tins.
- Prick tartlet cases well and bake in a moderate oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.