- 3 cups of flour
- 3 Tablespoons of sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup shortening
- ⅛ cup of milk.
- 2 cups of Ham, cooked and diced
- ½ kilo of Sweet Sausage, cooked and sliced
- ¼ inch thick
- 1 kilo of ricotta cheese
- 1 small mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tspn of black pepper.
- 1 egg
- 1 tblspn of milk.
- Mix the flour and sugar together, make a well in the center, add the 3 eggs, shortening and milk, mixing together until dough is easy to handle. Divide in half, roll out one portion and fit into 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover other remaining half of dough for later.
- In a small bowl, beat the 4 eggs.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ham, sausage, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix in eggs and spread filling in crust.
- Roll out remaining dough and and fit on top of mixture, seal edges, cut slit in top, then brush top with mixture of 1 well-beaten egg and 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes in a preheated 350 F degree oven until crust is golden brown and filling is firm.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- Makes appx 8 servings.