- Peel and dice potatoes. Cook in boiling salted water until tender. Drain well.
- Chop celery, peel and finely chop onion, and chop red pepper and bacon.
- Melt butter in a pan and gently fry celery, onion, red pepper and bacon until tender.
- Combine hot potatoes, bacon mixture and parsley in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix cream and dressing until smooth. Pour over potato mixture
- Mix lightly and spoon into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Chop eggs finely and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Grate cheese. Sprinkle over top of eggs.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and is golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with steak or chops.