- Peel and chop onion. Crush garlic.
- Chop tomatoes and celery, seed and chop red pepper, and drain and rinse kidney beans.
- Melt margarine in a pan. Saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Add tomatoes, celery, red pepper, beans and salt. Stir until combined.
- Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Remove lid and simmer a further 10 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- Allow to cool
- Make pastry according to the recipe. Divide in two, making one piece slightly bigger
- Roll out the bigger piece to line a 23cm pie plate
- Spoon filling into pie case.
- Moisten edges of pastry. Roll out remaining pastry to cover pie dish.
- Press edges together firmly, decorate and trim edges.
- Make a small hole in the centre. Brush with water.
- Bake in a hot oven lor 15 minutes, reduce heat to moderate and cook a further 15 minutes