- 2 large eggs
- 200 grams plain flour
- Place flour in a bowl or on the bench with a well in the centre.
- Crack the eggs into the well and mix from the middle, slowly drawing in more flour. I use my fingers but you can use a utensil if you must.
- Once all of the flour is mixed in begin kneading the dough. Knead for 5 minutes until the dough is starting to become plastic. You may need to add more flour or a little water depending on the consistency.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and leave for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces and roll out to fit your pasta machine if using one.
- Roll each piece into a rectangle about 1cm thick. Run through the machine at the highest setting and then fold like an envelope and run through again. Doing this a couple of times helps to improve the dough. Begin rolling through on a lower setting each time until you have the desired thickness then cut as you need it.
- When it is time to cook the pasta boil a large pan of salted water. Put the pasta in while boiling rapidly. It doesn't take long to cook and will float when ready.