- Peel and chop onion finely. Chop bacon and slice mushrooms.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Fry chicken pieces until golden brown. Lift out of pan and put into a casserole dish.
- Saute onion, bacon and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add soup to the vegetables and bacon in the pan. Stir well. Add parsley, water and cream
- Mix thoroughly and pour over chicken.
- Cover casserole dish and bake in a moderate oven for 1 hour or until chicken is tender
- Serve garnished with small mushrooms, bacon and onion rings.