Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 tbsp. butter divided
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 150g can crabmeat drained flaked and cartilage removed
- 125g can sliced mushrooms drained
- ⅓ cup crushed crackers
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper,
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ tsp. paprika
- To Make White Sauce:
- Melt 3 tbsp. of the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth, then gradually stir in broth and milk.
- Bring all to a boil; boil, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Main Dish:
- In a large skillet melt remaining 1 tbsp. butter and saute onion over medium heat until tender.
- Add crab, mushrooms, cracker crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp. of the prepared white sauce. Heat through.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pound chicken breasts to ¼ inch thickness.
- Spoon about ¼ of the crab mixture onto the edge of each chicken breast; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, then top with remaining white sauce.
- Cover dish and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with cheese and paprika and bake, uncovered, for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.
- (Serves 4 people)
- BON APÉTIT......
Chris Jacob is passionate about health, children and food. He established Gourmet Chicken so families are able to cook good, health and tasty dishes in very quick time. (Gourmet Chicken Recipes - Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts) Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/