A World of Dumplings
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Cooking
Fish Without a Doubt
Kill It & Grill It
Breakfast & Brunch
Lilydale Chicken and Mushroom PieYou can see this Lilydale Chicken and Mushroom Pie Recipe on iPhone
Cooking and Preparation Time:
1 packet Lilydale Chicken Thigh Fillets, diced into 3cm cubes
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1 onion, chopped
1/2 leek, white part only, chopped
200g field or Swiss brown mushrooms, chopped
1 tablespoon mixed herbs (thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary & chives)
60 ml white wine
3/4 cup pouring cream
1 cup chicken stock
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
Sea salt and black pepper
1 egg, whisked with 2 tablespoons milk
1) Preheat oven to 180΄C.
2) Combine the chicken, flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a bag, close and shake so all of the flour and seasonings coat the chicken.
3) Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Add the chicken and fry until browned. Remove and set aside.
4) Add onion and leek to the pan, stir until lightly browned, then remove from pan.
5) Add the mushrooms and herbs to the pan stir until softened, then remove from pan.
6) Add wine and cream to the pan and bring to boil. Cook for one minute or until reduced and beginning to thicken.
7) Return the chicken, onions, leeks and mushrooms to the cream. Add the stock, bring to the boil and cook over low heat for three minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened. Allow to cool.
8) Spoon the chicken into four heat-proof ramekins or pie dishes. Cut the pastry into circles a little larger than the dishes. Brush the edges with some of the egg mixture and lay over the ramekins, pressing down the edges to ensure the seal is tight.
9) Brush the top of the pie with egg and bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
Recipe by Luke Mangan For Lilydale Select Free Range Chicken The Luke Mangan Lilydale Free Range Dining Rub range will be available from March 9 in selected Coles, Thomas Dux, Harris Farm Market and David Jones Food Halls throughout New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, and the ACT.
0.0 based on Rate this Recipe: