- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 medium brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced green or wombok cabbage
- ⅓ cup oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 350g packet chow mein noodles
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add carrot, beans and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just tender.
- Add cabbage, oyster sauce and pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Place cornflour in a bowl. Add stock, stirring until smooth. Add to vegetable mixture. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add noodles. Toss to combine.