- Beat the egg whites with salt until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Add egg yolks. Beat until combined.
- Sift dry ingredients three times.
- Fold lightly into the egg mixture.
- Melt honey in hot water fold into mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture into two well greased 20 cm sandwich tins.
- Bake in a moderate over for 15 lo 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack covered with a clean tea-towel.
- When cooled join layers with whipped cream and sprinkle top with icing sugar.