- Prepare vegetables: peel and quarter onions, scrape carrots and slice finely, break cauliflower into flowerets, string beans and celery and slice diagonally, cut pepper into 2½ cm cubes, slice zucchini finely, slice cabbage finely and chop shallots finely.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add ginger, onions, carrots and cauliflower.
- Stir gently to coat all vegetables with oil.
- Add water and crumbled stock cube. Bring to the boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes, covered
- Add beans, celery, pepper, zucchini and shallots.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Scatter cabbage over top of vegetables, cover again and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir cabbage gently through other vegetables.
- Serve garnished with sliced shallots.