- 2 cups of diced sweet potato
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsn olive oil
- 400 grams diced chicken breast or thigh fillets
- 2 tspn butter
- Half a leek, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped finely
- 1½ cup arborio rice (long grain is ok if you don't have it)
- 1 tbsn fresh chopped marjoram
- 3½ cups chicken stock
- ¾ cup white wine
- ½ tsp salt
- handful of chopped basil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- cracked pepper to taste
- Mix the sweet potato with oil, salt, pepper, paprika and nutmeg. Roast on a tray at 200C for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan on medium heat and fry the leek and garlic for one minute. Add the chicken and cook until just starting to brown.
- Add the rice and a little more butter or oil if needed and fry, stirring, for one minute.
- Add the white wine, herbs and salt and cook on low heat stirring often until the wine is almost absorbed.
- Continue like this, adding a cup of stock at a time until all of the stock is absorbed but the risotto is still wet. On the last cup stir in the potato and basil.
- When finished stir in parmesan and pepper.