- Cook spaghetti in boiling sailed water for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender
- Drain and rinse under hot, running water.
- Peel and finely chop onions, grate carrots and slice mushrooms.
- Heat butter in a pan and saute onions until tender.
- Add carrots and mushrooms. Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the flour.
- Return to the heat and cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat and gradually add water
- Return to the heat and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add skinned and chopped tomatoes and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stir in three quarters of the grated cheese and stir until melted.
- Add spaghetti and mix lightly to combine.
- Spoon into a well greased ovenproof dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20 to 25 minutes until well browned.