- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 600 ml milk
- 2 egg yolks
- Blend cornflour with a little milk.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar with a little milk.
- Place remainder of milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Stir in blended cornflour and allow to boil for 2 minutes,
- Remove from heat and allow to cool,
- Gradually add egg yolks and beat well.
- Cook over a saucepan of hot water, stirring all the time until mixture thickens. Do not allow to boil.
- Add vanilla.
- Makes approximately 2½ cups