Blueberry Yoghurt Cake with Almonds
This surprisingly moist cake has no extra added fat (just the ‘healthy’ fat in the almonds and egg) and no added sugar, making it a very low calorie snack for a sweet treat! It can be made with any fruit and nut topping combination, depending what you have on hand.
Author: Weigh It Up
- Preheat oven to 170°C and spray a square cake tin with oil.
- Combine almond meal, flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yoghurt, lemon zest, juice and vanilla.
- Beat eggs and Norbu until light and fluffy and stir through the yoghurt mix.
- Stir through flour mixture and pour batter into tin.
- Sprinkle over blueberries and 3 teasp Norbu.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- You may need to cover the top of the cake with foil for the last 5-10 minutes of baking, to prevent the almonds from burning.