- Soba noodles for 2
- 300g beef stirfry strips (bite size)
- 2 tablespoons of good japanese soy
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup of dashi stock
- 1 chili sliced fine (to taste)
- Small handful of dried shitake mushrooms soaked in boiling water
- 2 small serves of veges that steam well chopped bite size (I used snow peas, brocolini and brussel sprouts)
- Marinate the beef in soy and garlic for an hour or so.
- Cook the soba noodles as on the pack. Leave after rinsing in cold water.
- Add dashi and a half cup of liquid from the shitake to a saucepan and bring to a low boil. Turn down to simmer.
- In the meantime stir fry the beef in the peanut oil.
- Add veges to the dashi and simmer until you can just smell them cooking (or to taste). I like ours crunchy.
- To serve add noodles to a bowl and top with beef and then the dashi soup with veges.