- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch knob ginger, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped chilies
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns
- 500 grams beef mince
- 2 cups water
- chopped coriander, garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, add sweet potatoes and fry until golden then set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and stir-fry the onion for a few minutes, then add the garlic and ginger. After a couple minutes, add the tomatoes.
- Add the rest of spices and let them become fragrant- then add mince.
- Once the mince is mostly browned, add the water, cover the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and stir fry until the water has evaporated and the meat is mostly dry.
- Garnish with coriamder.