- Wash and scale the fish.
- In a bowl mix the rice, diced celery, 1 finely chopped onion, finely chopped capsicum, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the fish with the rice mix and sew up the hole.
- Put the fish in a greased oven dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then remove from the heat.
- Add lemon juice, ginger, soy, chopped shallots and some salt and pepper.
- Pour over the fish.
- Bake the fish uncovered in a moderately slow oven for 40 - 50 minutes or till the fish is cooked. Baste it often with the juices while its cooking.
- Peel the other onion and slice it and the tomato.
- Half way through the cooking arrange the slices over the top of the fish alternately.