- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Melt butter in a pan or in the microwave and set aside to cool slightly.
- Pour butter into a large bowl and stir in the sugars until smooth and mostly dissolved.
- Lightly beat the egg and stir into the sugar mixture with the almond essence.
- Mix flour, meal and baking powder together into a small bowl and then gradually mix into sugar mixture until combined.
- Stir through apricot pieces.
- Make golf balls of the cookie mixture and place onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden then remove from oven and allow to cool on trays for 3 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.