Apples Strawberries and Cranberries Strudel
Use Natvia sweetened low fat yogurt instead of whipped cream. You can also subtitute butter with low fat margarine.
- 3 golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 680g strawberries and cranberries, drained
- 40g Natvia
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon kirsch (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Melted butter, to grease
- 10 sheets filo pastry
- 60g butter, melted
- 100g almond meal
- Natvia, to dust
- Whipped cream, to serve (optional)
- Combine the apple, berries, Natvia, lemon juice, kirsch and cinnamon in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Set aside for 2 hours to macerate. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Lightly brush a baking tray with butter. Place the filo on a clean work surface. Cover with a dry tea towel, then a damp tea towel (this prevents it drying out).
- Brush 1 filo sheet with melted butter. Top with another filo sheet. Brush with melted butter. Repeat with melted butter and remaining filo. Sprinkle with the almond meal. Place the filling along 1 long side, leaving a 6cm-wide border at each end. Fold in the ends and roll up firmly to enclose. Place, seam-side-down, on the prepared tray. Brush with remaining butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Dust with Natvia. Serve with whipped cream.