Amazing Rainbow Layered Cupcake with Frosting
This lovely recipe is submitted by students from Hornsby Girls High School. Original recipe by Angela Qian & Kay Song*
Author: Sweeter Life Club
Recipe type: Dessert
- • 175g butter
- • 10 tablespoon Natvia
- • 1½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- • 3 eggs beaten
- • 3 cups self-raising flour
- • Pinch of salt
- • ¼ teaspoon baking powder *(may need ⅛ teaspoon more)
- • 1 cup milk
- • Red, yellow, green and blue food colouring
- • 2 cups cream
- • 3 tablespoon Natvia
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C, line tins with baking paper.
- Cream butter, gradually add Natvia (beat until light and creamy).
- Add vanilla essence, then add eggs gradually (beat well after each addition).
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together; fold in alternately with the milk.
- Separate batter into 4 portions and add respective food colouring to each
- Pour into cake tins and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Cut out cake with cookie cutters and assemble with frosting
- Chill bowl and pour cream in bowl.
- Whip at medium high speed until it starts to thicken.
- Slow speed down to medium and gradually pour in Natvia
- Continue to whisk until soft peaks form.
- Add vanilla extract and whisk by hand until frosting is smooth.