by David L. *
Author: Sweeter Life Club
Recipe type: Dessert
- Method - Pastry:
- Place the flour, 47g of Natvia and almond meal in a bowl, mix to combine then set aside. Cream the butter until mayonnaise in consistency, then add the 94g of extra Natvia and pulse to combine.
- Increase the speed and beat for 1 minute, then add the vanilla bean seeds and beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients in 2 batches and mix for 15 to 30 seconds after each addition.
- Add the egg and mix on low speed to just combine, then transfer to a bench and work the dough.
- Divide the dough in half, wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours until firm.
- Divide the mixture in 12 and working with one portion at a time, roll out to a circle roughly 12cm in diameter and use gently press into the base and sides of a 10cm tart case.
- Repeat until you have done all 12 tarts.
- Blind bake the pastry by lining with baking paper and pie weights, then bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and bake for a further 10 minutes until cooked through, then set aside to cool.
- Method - Filling:
- Cream the butter and Natvia in a bowl, then beat in the egg.
- Add the almond essence, almond meal and flour, and stir to combine.
- Spread a little raspberry jam over the base of each baked tart case, top with the almond meal filling, then scatter over the flaked almonds.
- Bake the tarts for 30 to 40 minutes until the filling is cooked through and the tarts are golden brown.