Almond and Pear Cake
A lovely, moist dessert cake that will please. The corn flour can be replaced with plain flour if you don't need or want gluten free.
- The ingredients above are for a 20cm tart case or cake tin.
- Place almond meal, corn flour, sugar and butter in the food processor
- Process until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add in eggs, process until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the greased tart case or cake tin. I use almond oil to lightly oil mine and line the base with baking paper.
- Arrange the pears on the top.
- Bake in a preheated 175C oven until golden brown and cooked or until the inserted skewer comes out clean, usually around 45 minutes.
- Brush the cake with the maple syrup and cool down the cake